Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you date single parents? Any tips and suggestions?

I am currently involving with a single dad of a 5 year old girl. Lots dramas, mostly from his ex none stop monetary requests.


My boyfriend wants to give up joint custody, and just pay child support. But I told him he should wait till his daughter is old enough to make up her own mind. He said he couldn't wait that long, because his ex is sending him to early grave.


Well, I have seen the way his ex talk to him, it is not pretty. I know I couldn't deal with it. I try to tell him it is not his daughter's fault. He said he would never run away from his responsibility. If he has to pay more money, he would. He just doesn't want to have to deal with the ex.


Is it always like this when dating a single parent? How do I survive it?Do you date single parents? Any tips and suggestions?
Well I'm dating a guy that has two daughters, 3 and 14, and there are no problems between me, him and his ex wife. I told him when we first started seeing each other that even though I care about him, what goes on between him and his ex has nothing to do with me. I don't tolerate drama so whenever I date a man with kids I make sure they know to keep their ex out of our relationship. Kids are one thing (of course they are his top priority) but exs are a whole different story.





You should tell your boyfriend that he doesn't have to give up his rights. There are ways to get around having to even deal with a difficult ex....go to court and have them arrange the pick ups for him to get his daughter without even having to see her. And as far as money....if they have joint custody why is she calling him about money. If he is taking care of his responsibilities then there isn't much she can do. She can beg all she wants. It's not worth losing his daughter over. Do you date single parents? Any tips and suggestions?
yes it is like that i think its because there is so much history there.


he has to learn to only talk about his daughter and nothing else if she texts messages to him and its not about his daughter then to ignore it and only reply to her when it about the child. she wont like it and get a bit angry but that's ok if he sticks to these rule things will get so much better don't let him get caught up with she said this she going to do that just ignore all of it


good luck
Yes. Always make careful decisions when involved with a single


parent. Let them know what they can expect from you. Don't


rush into it so fast. And never mistreat the child. You should


always know that things happen. So do not be so quick to judge.


For the most part, it can work out fine. If the two of you have


a mutual respect for one another. Good luck.............
Yes you always have to deal with the crazy exes. But there's no way I could date a man that thinks his only responsibility is to take care of the child financially. I don't want to deal with my ex, but I'm not going to give up my child.
Been there, done that, not worth the baggage. Let single parents date each other.
my answer....date only people who have no minor children living at home

No comments:

Post a Comment