Friday, November 25, 2011

First gay date! Need help! Any tips?

So, I'm new to this whole gay thing.. I've recently come to accept who I am and I'm feeling great about it (although it was pretty hard for a while, but I got over it).. Anyway, I've never been with a guy before and I'm talking to this awesome dude over the internet for the past week, and we want to meet each other. So, we've decided that the best place for us to meet is at my place. So, I invited him over and we are getting some beers and maybe order some pizza or something like that. So, it's our first date and I'm not really sure on how to do it. I don't want it to be sexual in any way.. It is meant for us to talk, get to know each other and maybe some kissing, lol.. However, I don't want it to be overly romantic.. Actually, I don't want it to be romantic at all.. Well, maybe a little.. So, I was thinking I'd buy a dvd and leave it on while we talk and have some drinks..





What do you guys think? Is pizza ok? What sort of music should I leave on? I want him to feel comfortable and I don't want to push things...First gay date! Need help! Any tips?
Hi. First off......I'm gay, so my comments come from experience.





Decide what you want from this date. If you are inviting him to your house, you are telling him indirectly that you want to have sex with him, and because, well I think as you said that you're inexperienced, maybe you do. If so......#1 buy condoms and some lubricant. Most guys dont walk around with those things in their pocket, esp lube. #2 when you guys 'get started', tell him that you are inexperienced, if he's a nice guy (a guy deserving of your attention) he'll respect your limits. Look, we're guys, and when we get started, we often times don't stop. So now youre thinking of just kissing him, but more may happen. Just be prepared, ok.





Now the internet thing.............be super careful. The web is cool. I actually met my bf on the internet (hi5). We've been together 1 1/2 years. We live together. But................Don't you think that maybe you should meet in public at a Starbucks or something? The worst is to have someone in your house that you don't like and can't get rid of. tell him that you have some errands to run and ';why dont we meet at X location? '; If you dont like him it'll be easier to ditch him in public, plus it's just safer.





Regarding the other stuff......pizza would be great if you guys actually do get to your place.





Music? try the radio. you have to maintain cds by putting on new ones. let him look at your cds and let him choose one if you dont wanna do the radio thing, then you won't be worried if he likes it or not.





a dvd might be cool. why dont you two MEET at the blockbuster, then you kill two birds with one stone?! you can meet in public and discuss what each likes and make a choice together. What a great way to break the ice and get more comfortable, and decide if you really want to be alone with him.





It's understandable that you are nervous, it's natural. Enjoy it, that's part of the magic! I'm 47 years old, and was still nervous when I met my boyfriend on our first date, and i wasn't ';inexperienced';. Those nervous moments are to be treasured.





Lastly, and once again. Be prepared, be safe, buy condoms for protection and lube for comfort. It doesnt matter if you're top or bottom, if you guys engage in intercourse, you'll need it. If you don't need it for this date, you'll need it eventually. Hope this last piece of advice isn't too crude for you.........just trying to help.





Good Luck and enjoy your new found liberation.


RobFirst gay date! Need help! Any tips?
Be yourself, be yourself.





Lol.








That reminded me of Just Friends.


Sorry.








Good Luck! : )
if you want it to be causal then yeah pizza is the way to go and watch a movie see where it goes from there

No comments:

Post a Comment