Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Need tips on proper date etiquette ...?

I normally don't date and when I do its nothing I cared to take seriously. I recently met a guy that I am finding myself to be very interested in. I really want to show him what a classy put together woman I am but I really don't know how to act on a first date. I know that the #1 key is to be myself and relax. But what do I do as far as etiquette when it comes to paying, keeping interesting conversation going, ect....? We are planning on either going to a play and/or going out having drinks and shooting some pool. Should I offer to pay him for the play tickets? What about drinking and playing pool? Should I offer to take up the tab there? These are things that I never worried about in previous dating, that was mostly in high school and college...now I am out of college and 26 years old and I don't know to carry myself like an adult on a date....its sad that I had to resort to this, but any tips are appreciated.Need tips on proper date etiquette ...?
1) The one who invites usually pays. Unless you want to prove your independence.





2) Keeping the conversation interesting. Ask him many open-ended question. Be interested in what he does, where he's been, what his ideals are, etc. etc.





3) Going to the theatre ... if you invite him, you pay for the tickets.





4) Shooting pool and drinks ... let him take care of it.





If you need more help, feel free to email me :)





';..';Need tips on proper date etiquette ...?
be yourself let him pay for the first day and just try to have fun. good luck
If a guy asks you on a date, it should be on his tab!


Go somewhere you can interact and talk, a play might not be good idea as you wont have time to get to know eachother, make that for date 2.


If you agree to a date together, meaning if you both ask or suggest, then assume he is paying until he asks you to chip in.


Dress sexy but not too provacative or suggestive and wear clothing appropriate for where your going.


Ask him questions about himself, but not too personal, ask him what he likes to do in spare time, music he likes or try to find something you have in common and have great conversation about it.





Dont talk about just yourself the whole time, dont dive too deep into your personal life right away, show a genuine intrest in what he is saying, laugh and smile, flirt ....dont drink too much, and just enjoy the moment, you will know by the end of the night if there is a date #2 coming or not.
Over the years I鈥檝e discovered that the basics are the most important and should never be forgotten. If you seem to have a lot of first dates but no second or third dates, a look at these tips on dating etiquette may help.
  • liver cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment